Calvary Nursery School is a non-profit, half-day program where we respect each child's individual needs.
We're in a partnership with families to inspire children to grow & flourish and to assist in building a sound foundation for each child's future.
We believe all children are competent, capable of complex thinking, curious, and rich in potential.
Our play-based learning environment provides a child-initiated adult-supported approach for children to build upon their strengths and abilities.
Children excel in a setting based on the foundations of belonging, well-being, engagement, and expression.
We use these foundations to plan and create environments and experiences across all domains of development.
The Ministry of Education document
How Does Learning Happen? guides our program to provide quality experiences in the interrelationship of children, their families, and their educators.
- Every child is supported in developing a sense of self, health, and well-being.
- Every child is supported in developing a sense of belonging, being connected to others, and contributing to their world.
- Every child is supported in seeing themselves as a capable communicator who expresses himself or herself in many ways.
- Every child is an active and engaged learner who explores the world with body, mind, and senses.
- For children to grow and flourish in a quality setting the parents must be supported and encouraged in their engagement of and ongoing communication about the program and their children.
- Calvary Nursery School Inc. works with local community partners to involve and allow those partners to support the children, their families and staff.
- Calvary Nursery School Inc. supports the foundations of engagement, belonging, well-being, and expression for the Educators also.
(for more information please see our parent handbook)